Lifestyle

Monday, September 20, 2010

Tusker Project Fame 4...and Shanel


OK.....ordinarily I would not watch anything by Kenyans that has been aped from the west. Some concepts are very good ideas but because you cannot steal and develop someone else's idea, once you do you end up with something that is worse than a joke. I love American Idols, veeeery much. For the simple fact that the winners or even the top three end up in the lime light in a major way with major contracts and you can bet your Chapati Ndondo that the winner was worth it. Judge Simon Cowell is awesome and keeps it real, unlike someone in this our Kenya who tries to to be like him.....and fails, miserably. All in all, people like Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, and the Teddy Bear Rubben Studdard to name a few are products of these projects. Very good concept, very good idea.

Soooooo, the copy cats that we are, we decided to do the very same thing, very same idea, very same concept and we did not even try to tweak it to look a tad different and the product we get is "Tusker Project Fame." My ghaaaad!!! I know for a fact that the E.A.B.L. guys do not really care who you are and if you can sing, to them it's all about marketing their beer. We had a Kenyan winner who's voice would send a snake back to it's hole in TPF 1, then they denied the beautiful Nakaya a chance in TPF 2 and gave it to Esther (Uganda)who's voice sounds like my pet lizard, Sospeter when he has a cold. In came Alpha...(Rwanda)well he tries and I like him coz he does not feel good....and he's my boy. Now we have TPF 4 and the navy black people of Sudan are auditioning, Remember that Tanzania has never taken the crown so you have two guesses where the next winner will come from.

Anyhu, my beef is not with the winners because frankly speaking, I sail in the same boat with the E.A.B.L. people...I JUST DO NOT CARE. I love however watching the auditions because people have this notion that they can sing and end up making fools of themselves. This season however, my highlight was some mama who if she could talk as good as she looks, many would die of envy. She is a judge from Rwnada, her name is Shanel. Now I am told that Rwanda has some very pretty mamas but they just can't speak English. When I was watching the show , I spoke to myself and I said "self?" and self said "Mmmmh?" "Don't you think it would have been a good idea if they would be allowed to sing in their own dialect?" Self agreed with me. After all, in these initial stages what they are looking for is stage presence and voice, nothing else. Buuut, this mama called Shanel, thinks that wenging is putting "Rs" in every word...it will then sound American or something close to it. She said, Exhibit "A" Ir'm a sirnger, and a jurdge, horping to harve furn at tursker project farme. Exhibit "B" carn you sirng in your normal voirce?" Exhibit "C" Mayrbe if you carme in twor years you wirll harve improved!!!! SLAP, TWICE, HARD " Never have I prayed sooooo hard for a black out because I could not stand her. And that is not even the bad part, she came wearing a sun dress, nothing wrong with that, she looked good in it until she raised her arms and I could swear a kuku almost jumped from under her arms. That is to say she had not shaved the pits. No I am not lying, (if you saw that leave a comment) You know us Kenyans, we love to wait for an opportunity to hate, it's what we do best.On facebook many were just wishing that she could come to Kenya for just one day and open her mouth. Oh she will crawl back to the vodka bottle she came from and take a vow of silence.

Shanel, my word, you sound sooooo well with your mouth shut.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha

    ntakusema kwa shanel. tho 4 sho i bet i can be a berra judge than that mama. cjui veet is a rare commodity in rwanda, woman si u shave!!!!!!! n wengin doesnt work wea am frm, i don know who lied to her.

    n yea TPF is the only kenyan reality show worth watchin. tho our winners r a let down sooooo hard.

    valarie ni huyo hers songs r in spanish. esther ako world yake n alpha went mia. wats up wit dat???????????

    ReplyDelete